View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 3D circular expansion 

Post 3D circular expansion
Hi guys!

I'm working on a new potential feature for GLC_Player : a 3D circular expansion for selected nodes. This feature is clearly inspired by a major 3d viewer software (hummm, guess which one... ;-) ); but only inspired, since I've never seen the real code in action. :(

In GLC_Player, the code is running well, even if some minor improvements must be still implemented. For now, you can make circular expansions of nodes (with respect of the model architecture => expand only bound occurences and not thousand of geometries inside the selection) with or without animations. After expansion, you've the choice to retract every geometries in their initial states or only selected objects. The move is smooth, but I only tried with small meshes (1 000 000 faces max). Another feature is also available, but I wonder if I will keep it on final version : for skimpy geometries in the circular hall, a function allows to "highlight" them by showing labels with their names.

I enclosed some captures for more details.

Garibaldi

Attachments:
File comment: Labels for small geometries hidden by pixel occlusion culling
3.JPG
3.JPG [ 107.24 KiB | Viewed 11703 times ]
2.JPG
2.JPG [ 109.88 KiB | Viewed 11703 times ]
File comment: The feature allows to keep the model structure
1.JPG
1.JPG [ 69.69 KiB | Viewed 11703 times ]
Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: 3D circular expansion
Hi it's a amazing feature ;)
It's possible for you to post a movie of this feature on You-tube or other. And add a link to this movie on the forum ?

Good work guy. :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi guys!

I'm still working on the circular expansion even if it becomes harder and harder to get enough time... I've just made some videos to illustrate previous pictures.

Part1 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr8EKnkVI3Q

Part2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veuZBoNID4k

Garibaldi

Sat May 08, 2010 2:44 pm
Site Admin

Hi,
It's look very cool :P Good work
And, I love the black Mirror. Perhaps it will be easy to add it to GLC_Player ?

@+

Sun May 09, 2010 11:58 am

Hi general,
Great job!
I especially like the ability to expand /explose just a selection (and not the complete node). If I remember well, V6 doesn't have this functionality. Good idea!
For the interpolations, did you use QT's animation framework (state machine and transitions)? I like it because it allows to easily change transition functions f(t) and many are proposed by default. You may already know that. In vroom, I'd like to recode the navigation interpolators using this feature.
Good job again
Lo

Sun May 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks Laumaya & Lolobobo!

I've never seen V6 in action, a little bit expensive for me... :mrgreen: I've just supposed that this feature would be present in the software. However, one day, someone well-advised me that doing a clever copy of something is the best way to progress. I had good teachers in fact. ;)

@ Lolobobo: I didn't use Qt Interpolation, even if I know its potential. Before doing my moving function, I threw a glance on this new Qt feature. Provided examples and code samples are amazing of simplicity and efficiency, and I'm convinced that it could be really great to add it in Vroom. But, presently, my own function is quiet elementary and doesn't need such a framework. Nevertheless, I will surely use it when I complexifies the dynamics.

@ Laumaya: Indeed, the black mirror is really easy to implement in GLC Player! Only few lines (acquired during my internship :oops: ) in PaintGL and a function to enable/disable it in main glc_player class. :)

To be continued...

Garibaldi

Sun May 09, 2010 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]