View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Compiling source code 

Post Compiling source code
hello all
i am new to the glc lib and player and i have no idea about qt. can somebody help me out in compiling code with windows 64 bit or refer any doc for basic instructions.
your help will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Post Re: Compiling source code
This is a bit of an old post :? but I decided that since it's been so long since a GLC Player release, I'll write a comprehensive guide on how to compile version 2.3.2 based on my experience. Note that I've already provided a download for my build elsewhere on this forum. That said, here's how I accomplished it with much trial and error.

Install Qt 4.8.6 (this takes awhile) and mingw32 (4.2.0) MUST be 32-bit
You should add C:\Qt\4.8.6\bin and C:\mingw32\bin to the PATH environment variable in Windows. How to do this varies depending based on the Windows version you use. Always be careful when editing the Path environment variable or you may cause your computer to be unable to boot (This issue is resolved in Windows 10) !
Use GLC_lib 2.5.0 https://github.com/laumaya/GLC_lib/tree/Version_2_5_0 (hit Download ZIP and extract it to a new folder)
In GLC_lib open example11/glc_declaritiveitem.cpp in Notepad and remove the line that says #include <glu.h> near the beginning of the file

There may be a more efficient way of doing this, idk. I had to do it this way because I wanted a release build and debug is default. In an command line (elevated if it isn't working) in GLC_lib's folder do:

Code:
qmake -recursive
cd src
mingw32-make release-install
cd ../examples/example01
cd ../example02
cd ../example03
cd ../example04
cd ../example05
cd ../example06
cd ../example07
cd ../example08
cd ../example09
cd ../example10
cd ../example11

You may wish to run this from a .bat file. The resulting folder will automatically appear at C:\ and be called GLC_lib-2.5
The result should contain a "lib" folder and "examples" folder.
If that doesn't work, the official method is this, but I think it generates a debug build, which you don't want:
Code:
qmake
mingw32-make
mingw32-make install

Add this to the Path environment variable in Windows: C:\GLC_lib-2.5\lib\
And create a new environment variable called GLC_LIB_DIR containing this: C:\GLC_lib-2.5\

Before you proceed, you may wish to try running the examples to make sure GLC_lib is working as expected. Go into C:/GLC-lib_2.5/examples and run the examples to test it. If you get a missing dll error, check that you added GLC_lib to the path variable properly in the last step.

Use the latest git for GLC_Player (currently the only version on there) https://github.com/laumaya/GLC_Player .
In a command line in GLC_Player's folder do:
Code:
qmake -recursive
make release

After the process is done, the exe will appear in a newly created folder called release inside GLC Player's source folder. If you need to make a change simply delete the contents of the debug/release folders and do make release in the command line again. (no need to repeat qmake)

The entire procedure takes about an hour, once you've gotten into the swing of things.

I've noticed Transparent screenshots save with a white background, MultiShots crash the program (transparent MultiShots would be super handy), and Instance Object can crash the program as well. In addition some transparent textures are black at first until you lower the transparency from 255 to 254. 3ds export works flawlessly though. If needed, revertto an old version, make changes, save as .album format, open the .album in new GLC and export.

Tue May 17, 2016 4:04 am

Post Re: Compiling source code
I am trying to fix the MultiShots myself and I think I've found the reason, but still don't know how to fix it. When the MultiShots dialog opens, the viewport there is made the current one instead of the one in the background in the window behind it. However, before it can finish changing the context, it tries to render, calling the glMatrixMode function and causing a segfault because there is currently no context. So basically OpenGL trying to render before the canvas to render to has been completely switched over. I might just want to check, in the function GLC_ImagePlane::render(), that there currently is a context to render to...

Mon May 23, 2016 4:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]