View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 collada files export 

Post collada files export
Hi everybody

I am trying to export Collada files from 3D Max to be able to import them to OpenGL. I knew about GCL_lib and thought I can use it for this purpose. can anyone explain to me how to use this library to import Collada files or different files with other file format to OpenGL?

with many thanks in advance

Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:58 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: collada files export
Hi,
Yohanna wrote:
I am trying to export Collada files from 3D Max to be able to import them to OpenGL. I knew about GCL_lib and thought I can use it for this purpose. can anyone explain to me how to use this library to import Collada files or different files with other file format to OpenGL?

Sorry, but OpenGL is not a 3D format, it's an standard API (Application Programming Interface) to draw 3D objects with hardware acceleration. ;)

So with GLC_lib you can develop software which load 3D Collada models, and view it with OpenGL acceleration.

@+

Laurent Ribon

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Thank you very much for reply

I am trying to load a collada file. started with the example09 but it give me lots errors. I downloaded GCL_lib library and QtSDK. then started a new console project in C++ (release) and added the existing item which is example09 folder with all its files. built and compiled the project but lots of errors came up. at the momenet there is one error says:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\QtSDK\qt\lib.obj'

I set the path, the link, dependencies etc.. but the same error came up and stuck me here.

did I do any mistake in what I have done? any idea about this problem and how to solve it?

your help will be highly appreciated

Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 pm

the problem was solved by linking to the library: project properties>linker> additional dependencies> the lib path

but now another problem came out, 209 similar errors, this is one of them:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall QWidget::resizeEvent(class QResizeEvent *)" (?resizeEvent@QWidget@@MAEXPAVQResizeEvent@@@Z)

I wonder if any one can help

thanks

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:52 am
Site Admin

Hello,
The simplest way to compile GLC_lib exemples, is to import examples .pro files into QT Creator.

But personally I don't use creator, I prefer editing .pro file manually.
Yohanna wrote:
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual void __thiscall QWidget::resizeEvent(class QResizeEvent *)" (?resizeEvent@QWidget@@MAEXPAVQResizeEvent@@@Z)

I think that the problem come from the fact that you have created a new console project. This kind of project doesn't have widget...
So you have to use "Qt Gui Application".
Here the beginning of a project using GLC_lib :
Code:
TEMPLATE = app
QT += opengl

win32 {
    LIBS += -L"$$(GLC_LIB_DIR)/lib" -lGLC_lib2
    INCLUDEPATH += "$$(GLC_LIB_DIR)/include"
}

unix {
     LIBS += -lGLC_lib
     INCLUDEPATH += "/usr/include/GLC_lib"
}

@+
Laurent Ribon

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:36 am

Hello Laumaya
thank you very much for this important reply
I am now trying to use Qt Gui application, I opened the .pro, .h and .ccp files from example09, ( explained in this page: http://www.glc-lib.net/example09.php), then compiled as an existing project

I wonder if that is the way of exporting to Qt creator ?

all I want to do is to find a way to export Collada files from 3D Max. I have the collada files but I need to import them to C++ and display them with OpenGL.

the problem is how to export collada using GCL_lib. example09 looks similar to what I am trying to do but I could not display the collada file of example09.
I hope to display this file and then I replace it with my file. so how to use Qt to run example09 and display

your help is really appreciated.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]